Fostering Independence: Lock Laces

Someone in one of my Facebook groups shared these neat little shoe laces that are great for kiddos who struggle with tying their shoes.  Lock Laces are elastic laces that come with a gadget that locks them permanently into place.  There is a slider which enables you to loosen and tighten them as needed.  I bought a pair just to see how they would work and we love them!


Now I no longer have to look for shoes for Gess that will simply slip on or use Velcro.  Of course at a price of  $7.99 each it does increase the overall price of the shoe but to me it's worth it.  Anything that gives Gess independence is a great item.  You can buy them in packs of 3 for $19.99.  I think I may do that next time and use a pair myself.  These really were made for runners and athletes but whatever the reason I am so glad I found them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids