Blog Awards

I want to thank Bethany at Little Homeschool Blessings for nominating me for the Leibster Award. As she explains it:

"The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 follower mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award. "Liebster" is German for favorite."



The rules
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

My Facts
1.I am a Christian who loves the Lord and serving Him is what I am most passionate about.
2.When I grow up I want to be writer. (OK so I am grown up, but I still have dreams!)
 3. I have been married twice and have 3 children.  (My boys are from my first marriage, Gess is from my second.)
4.I love chocolate and must have some each and every day.  (I have even managed to maintain weight loss doing so.)
5. I enjoy learning so much that when I have the opportunity to travel I usually choose a seminar, workshop or retreat to go to.  (The topics are usually related to the bible, homeschooling or Down syndrome.)
6. I love missions and hope to someday travel to India to minister to women there.
7. I am very political and follow politics like some people follow sports.
8.I enjoy reading, especially now that I can do it electronically. 
9.I hate being cold and love it when it's warm therefore my favorite season is summer.
10.My favorite passage of Scripture is Philippians 4:4-9.  Following that advice has changed my life for the better!
11. I love my husband and children and find being a stay at home, homeschooling mom completely and utterly satisfying!

My Answers

1. What makes you most happy about homeschooling?  When I see my daughter finally grasp that thing she has been struggling to learn.
2. What is the subject you like the least? Social Studies was my favorite subject to learn but it's my least favorite to teach.
3. What is your favorite season? Summer (See above)
4. Who inspires you the most? My husband
5. Where do you like to spend your time? With people I love, the place doesn't matter.
6. What is your favorite homeschooling song? 12 Days of Homeschool
7. Which chore do you like the most? I do not generally use the terms like and chore in the same sentence!
8. What is (are) your hobby(ies)? Writing and blogging
9. If given the choice between sleeping in or going to bed early, what would you pick? Sleeping in
10. What is your favorite movie? Braveheart
11. What is something you'd like to do if you had an extra hour? Read

Questions for my bloggers:
1. What type of homeschooler are you?
2. What is your favorite healthy thing to eat?
3. What is your favorite junk food?
4. What satisfies you?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
6. Are a cup half empty or half full type of person?
7. If you had a day to yourself what would you spend it doing?
8. What motivates you?
9. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
10. What movie or book would it be?
11. What do you like most about yourself?

My blog nominees:
Alicia at Joy in the Everyday
Becky at Cobwebs and Kisses
Brandi at Autumnfawn Lane
Hope at Homeschooling 3 
Jennifer at Crazy Side of Normal
Joy at Who's Learning? Who's Teaching?
Lynn at This Day Has Great Potential
Niki at Our Little Homeschool Cottage
Renata at Sunnyside Farm Fun
Sweetpeas at Broad Horizons 
The Freemans at Our Happy Homestead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids