Happy Birthday To Me!

I turned 46 on Friday.  It was actually a pretty interesting birthday.  The morning started off at Jr. High Church Camp.  I was there as a counselor, not a student of course.  Gess stayed home with daddy as her camp is next week.  The day before my birthday our team dressed me up as their mascot.  We were the Blue Flaming Pandas.  What a way to spend your last day at 45! 


We left camp after lunch so my husband planned a very special dinner for me that evening.  I love watching Gordon Ramsay cooking shows and ever since I first saw the dish Beef Wellington I just had to try it. Well we found Gordon's recipe online and my hubby made it for me!  Here is Gordon making a special holiday version, but we left out the chestnuts and made individual ones instead of one big one.


They turned out lovely and were very delicious!



While it was fun to get away and hang out with the teenagers I was very glad to get back home to my wonderful husband.  He takes such great care of me and our daughter!  They seemed to do just fine while mommy was away.  That's my girl, trying to lay exactly like daddy!  I can't say that I blame her, he's a pretty amazing guy so who wouldn't want to be like him? 


It was one of my best birthdays ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids