One day while Gess and I were reading a magazine in a doctor's office waiting room (we spend lots of time there) we came across a kid's recipe for making a yogurt parfait. It made me think, why have I never thought of doing that at home? The recipe called for either yogurt or cottage cheese. We love yogurt so we went with that and added to it whatever fruit was sitting in the fridge at the time. This is a really easy recipe that kids can do themselves and it's not only delicious, it's healthy too!
Layered Yogurt Cups
1. Choose and cut your fruit (this time we used grapes, bananas, and strawberries).
2. Place your first fruit on the bottom (Gess chose grapes to go in first).
3. Cover that layer with some yogurt (we used a strawberry yogurt but any or plain yogurt will do).
4. Place your next layer of fruit on the yogurt (now she wanted strawberries).
5. Cover that layer with yogurt.
6. Put in your last layer of fruit (bananas for us).
7. Cover with one last layer of yogurt.
Now you made your own Layered Yogurt Cup! Yum!